Monday, May 22, 2006

Anime : Bleach 79

Okay, I used to complain about the poor entertainment quality of the current filler arc. With this episode, I take them back. This episode has got some good humor and action. The first half showing Ichigo and co. having breakfast and chatting was great. I love the light-heartedness and the closeness amongst the characters rendered by this scene. The character development given to Claude was quite surprising (the part where Claude & Nova were chatting & observing Ichigo and co.), but pleasant. I find it funny when Renji asked Rukia if she drank coffee before and she proudly told him she "cleared" the drink. XD And for the first time, the action involving Bound was exciting. I especially enjoyed the part where Yoshino fused with her doll, Geitei, to fight Kariya. I hadn't seen that coming. And Kariya, though evil, looked kinda cool when they showed his doll (which was embedded on his body). Bleach love to have really evil dudes looking super cool - first Aizen, now Kariya. But I kinda missed watching Rukia. She's my favourite character and her screen time this week is terribly short. Hopefully, there's more of her scenes next week. The scenes involving Ichigo's fighting however, left more to be desired. With his poor focus, Ichinose could have kicked his arse easily, but then again, Ichinose did not. Oh well, maybe we'll see more of Ichigo's Zangetsu-brandishing next episode.