Saturday, November 25, 2006

秒速5センチメートル

I'm sorry I haven't been updating, but I'm having final exams now. Having said that, I shouldn't be here, but I was reading Omni's latest entry at Random Curiosity and was recommended to this trailer that took my breath away.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I admit to knowing nuts about Makoto Shinkai or 秒速5センチメートル (5 centimeters per second), which apparently had been promoted sometime ago. It is an animation movie consisting of 3 (related) short stories:

第1話 桜花抄 (Oukashou)
第2話 コスモナウト (Cosmonaut)
第3話 秒速5センチメートル (Byousoku 5 senchimetoru)

All I know is that I watched the trailer, am so impressed with every aspect of the movie that I know this is THE animation I must watch in 2007. The animation is incredibly fluid, the colors are so beautiful and serene, the music is so emtionally provoking, the voice acting pulled heart strings. I think the art is absurdly high quality and the best I've seen. It reminds me of Miyazaki's Spirited Away. From the trailer, it seems to me Byousoku 5 Centimeters might surpass Spirited Away. Here are some images from the official site to justify why:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is definitely one animation not to be missed.


秒速5センチメートル ( official site / wiki )
note: some images above taken from THAT animeblog.

~みはる~